Top award-winning SA comedian, Sifiso Nene, to showcase his latest comedy offering “I Have No Choice” in Secunda this December.
He is one of SA’s most celebrated comedians, Sifiso Nene, and this festive season Nene is set to dazzle audiences in Secunda with the latest funny showcase, I HAVE NO CHOICE, which is guaranteed to deliver the comedy punches.
The Kwazulu-Natal-born stand-up comedian, actor and MC, is set to charm Mpumalanga comedy audiences at Graceland Casino on Friday 13 December 2019, with his infectious humour and relatable jokes.
As the title suggests, Nene will have no choice but to make fun about anything. So if you are in the mood for a good laugh, this is the show for you.
After a successful run of I HAVE NO CHOICE at The Baxter Theatre in Cape Town last month, it’s now Secunda’s turn to be dazzle with all the best comedy, laughs and no-nonsense punchlines by Nene.
“Coming off from a great performance in Cape Town, I am gearing up for a busy festive season with various performances across the country I am very excited to perform at Graceland Hotel Casino and Country Club this December,” he shares.
Nene is no stranger in the comedy industry. He launched his career in 2009 when he won the first season of So You Think You Are Funny – which was a nationwide talent search for up and coming comedians on SABC1.
Since then, Nene has kept his winning streak alive, after winning the Comics Choice Awards in 2012 and 2013, in the Audience Choice category.
“Secunda fans are in for a treat and should expect to hear jokes delving into ordinary South African stories, politics, as well as the diversities of culture, economic status and class in Mzansi,” says Nene
Social Media Links:
- Hashtag: #IHAVENOCHOICE
- Facebook: Sifiso Nene The Comedian
- Twitter: @sifisonene
- Instagram: @sifisonene
MORE ABOUE SIFISO NENE:
- Sifiso Nene holds the title as the first winner of the SABC 1 reality TV show, So You Think You are Funny! in 2009.
- Originally from Durban, he moved to Johannesburg in 2006 with the intention of being a scriptwriter for the comedy show Pure Manatee Show. He was told that his writing was better suited to stand-up comedy so he embarked on a career in stand-up.
- In 2008, he entered the David Kau reality competition show So You Think You’re Funny! and after a 13-week process was voted as the winner, and pocketing R100 000 for his efforts.
- His win on the show led to greater exposure for Sifiso and he landed a slot on Opening Guys, a reality show on Mzansi Magic hosted by Kagiso Lediga, in 2010.
- Following his win, Nene also hit the corporate market as an MC and presenter, and also performed at various comedy festivals across the country.
- In 2012, he won the Audience Choice Award at the 2nd Annual South African Comics Choice Awards, which is voted for by the public.
- Also in 2012, he joined the SABC1 youth talk show Mzansi Insider as a contributor and also starred in the David Kau film Taxi Ride as Bhakabhaka, a rude, funny and stubborn taxi driver who always carries a sjambok and is the best friend of Dlamini (played by Skhumba Hlophe).
- He reprised this role in the spin-off television series which aired on Mzansi Magic and Mzansi Wethu in 2013.